|Credit: Words with Friends|
A while back, I wrote a Top 10 List for Shabbat Kedoshim. Today was a different kind of Shabbat…
10. I kept hitting the snooze button…on both the alarm clock and the iPhone.
9. When I finally rolled over at 10:13 a.m., my minyan buddies were getting ready to open to page 172 for Ma Tovu. I was still in my jammies.
8. Once I got out of bed—at about the time they probably were finishing t’filah ha-lev and turning to the Torah service—I didn’t bother making it.
7. By noon, when services were over and everyone was putting a schmear on their bagels, drinking the brown mud that passes for coffee and opening their Plaut-Bamberger Torah Commentaries, I was reading the paper leisurely.
6. I caught up on my emails and played a few rounds of Words with Friends.
5. I also took care of a bit of long overdue blog maintenance…and wrote this post.
4. I shmyed around on Facebook, vacationing vicariously with friends at Arches National Park, Tanglewood, San Jose and Kutz Camp, where today was Celebrate Dorothy Walrond Day.
3. I read a bit in my latest book, The People of Forever are Not Afraid. Stay tuned for a review.
1. Later, when it’s time to go to bed, I won’t have to unmake my bed.