Perhaps I’m naïve, but here are 10 things I’d like to ask the universe:
Inspired by Ima on (and off) the Bima, this #BlogElul post is one in
a series marking the days of the Hebrew month of Elul, which precedes the Jewish High Holidays and traditionally serves as a time of reflection and
spiritual preparation for the new year.
- What has happened to civil discourse in our society?
- Is there an appropriate prayer for a friend whose health is not going to be restored…ever?
- Why is it suddenly okay for people to be so nasty?
- What would happen if a universal ban on cell phones went into effect next week?
- If I were to write an ethical will, to whom would I give it?
- Does being a good person count for anything anymore?
- Is there anyone who still values the golden rule?
- What does having a day of rest really mean?
- Is it true that cockroaches would survive a nuclear holocaust?
- Does meaningful change really happen based on hearing a sermon or two?