- I can choose to say “no” without being mean, nasty, or selfish.
- The way I choose to organize and spend my free time is up to me, and I don’t have to justify my choices to anyone.
- It’s OK to choose differently than others, as long as I’m comfortable with the choices I make for myself.
- Deciding not to choose is a choice itself.
- Choosing friends is perhaps the most important choice of all.
- From time to time, everyone makes less than great choices. Deal with them positively and move on.
Inspired by Ima on (and off) the Bima, this #BlogElul post is one in a series marking the days of the Hebrew month of Elul, which precedes the Jewish High Holidays and traditionally serves as a time of reflection and spiritual preparation for the new year.