Monday, September 5, 2016
As a single New Yorker who works more than full-time, writes and edits on a freelance basis, volunteers and fundraises for my soapbox cause, runs a household, and tries to have a life, I find myself constantly and repeatedly searching for these things:
3. Fewer judgmental tendencies
4. Food for my soul -- and time to feed it
6. Ways to ward off stress and negativity
7. Professional camaraderie and companionship
8. Time and vulnerability to write
9. Reasons to smile – and people to smile at
Unfortunately, Google is no help here. This search is work I must do myself – now and into the new year.
Inspired by Ima on (and off) the Bima, this #BlogElul post is one in a series marking the days of the Hebrew month of Elul, which precedes the Jewish High Holidays and traditionally serves as a time of reflection and spiritual preparation for the new year.